Creating a world of Thoughtfulness
A few months ago (true, it feels longer!) we asked you, our Guests, to nominate the people in your own life who had gone above and beyond. Someone who’s thoughtfulness made you think the world of them. We asked for ‘Your Special Guest’ nominations so we could recognise and reward these amazing people with a gift inspired by their acts of kindness and interests. We were truly moved by the nominations we got back and wanted to share these stories of thoughtfulness with you personally. We hope you enjoy them and are encouraged and inspired by these wonderful gestures of hope, love and kindness at a time that needed it most.
A very small selection of our global nominations.
Nomination Video 1
Just one week in and we were truly overwhelmed by number of nominations we received from our Guests. We saw devoted dads, caring friends and compassionate sisters called out for their thoughtfulness. Take a look at some of our favourites.
Nomination Video 2
Week two and thoughtfulness could be seen all over the world, from Abu Dhabi, the UK and even the Philippines. Our Guests wanted to show their loved ones that even when they couldn’t be together, they were still in their hearts.
Nomination Video 3
Week three showed that the thoughtful people in our lives really do stand out through their many selfless acts. Whether they are on the front line helping those in need, supporting their friends and family during hardship or are even just there to make us smile. It all counts.
Nomination Video 4
Week four and the nominations were as heart-warming as the first. We saw how these times were still inspiring thoughtfulness around the world. Nominations from parents, children and partners were just a few of the many acts of generosity and support we received.
Carlo Nominated his sister Carfel for being a great mother to her 2 beautiful daughters. Carfel is also a fantastic big sister to Carlo and loves to reminisce about their childhood together. Nothing is ever too much to ask and she shows generosity in everything she does. Carfel loves exercising, shopping (especially bags!) and would love to be able to see her family in the Philippines.
Hasan Nominated his childhood friend Samir. They grew up together and have shared great memories. They have worked on many charity projects together, during the holy month of Ramadan and beyond. Both of them are passionate about helping those who need it most. He’s a huge Man City fan, loves flying and catching up with his best friend.
Usman Baig Nominated his Wife Dr. Yasmine Ahmed for being an excellent home teacher. She has been incredible in every way and if it wasn't for her the family wouldn’t have coped so well during lockdown. She loves travel, running, yoga and recently started cycling. She loves to cook and is always trying new and wonderful dishes and recipes. See Dr. Yasmine Ahmed’s Special Guest surprise.
Adebayo Bolaji Nominated by his best friend Alan for being there for him through all of the good times, and struggles. He is Alans best man, supported his work for many years, and he is the godfather of Alans daughter. He is hugely into music, theatre, film, and literature. See Adebayo’s Special Guest surprise.
Terms and conditions
- By running this survey we would like you (the “Entrant”) to nominate someone you think is thoughtful. - By Nominating this person (the “nominated person(s)”) you will be sharing personal data/information on our survey.
- By completing this online questionnaire, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the terms and conditions please do not access and/or use the website and/or complete the questionnaire. Etihad Airways PSJC may change the terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review the terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us.
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between the Entrant and Etihad are governed by UAE laws as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and laws of Abu Dhabi. By completing and submitting the questionnaire, Entrant is agreeing to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Abu Dhabi courts.
- -By running this survey we would like you to nominate someone you think is thoughtful. -By Nominating this person you will be sharing personal data/information on our landing page and survey.
- Etihad shall at its own accord and discretion select a limited number of nominations eligible to receive a gift. Etihad Guest endeavors to reward as many nominated persons as possible for acts of thoughtfulness.
- The award of these gifts may or may not require the nominee to join Etihad Guest programme. This is optional if the nominee does not wish to do so.
- Each Entrant also agrees that Etihad may use such personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Entrant, including sending the Entrant and/or the nominated person(s) commercial electronic messages. Information on how to opt-out from these messages is set out in the Etihad’s Privacy Policies. Etihad’s Privacy Policies also explain how an Entrant and/or the nominated person(s) can seek to access or correct any personal information that we hold about them, how to complain about a privacy breach by Etihad and/or other party and how the we will deal with a privacy complaint. Entrants can contact us in relation to its handling of personal information at email@example.com; for all other survey related information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may use any content you (the “Entrant”) upload, but we do not promise to.
- If you (the “Entrant”) are under 18 years of age, then by uploading content you confirm that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
- You (the “Entrant”) agree that you will not upload any Content which is illegal, defamatory, obscene, incites prejudice or hatred or which it is unlawful for you to possess in the country in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for us to use or to hold.
- When you (the “Entrant”) upload or post Content to our website survey/questionnaire, you:
- 1- Grant to us, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license (with right to sub-license) to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, produce derivative works of, display, broadcast and perform the Content in part or as a whole, in any media formats and through any media channels; and
- 2- Waive all moral rights in the Content.
- You warrant that any Content uploaded by you shall fully comply with these terms and conditions, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- If you are in any doubt about your Content or whether or not (being under 18 years) you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission, then you should not upload it.
Etihad Airways PJSC privacy statement
This statement describes how we collect, process, use, disclose and transfer your personal information as a data controller.